Get the travel
Wherever you are, whenever you need.
Worried about travel requirements? Think ahead with our online certification service.
- Test kits shipped straight to you
- Virtual appointments to complete your tests whenever and wherever you need, observed by one of our medical experts
- You’re immediately emailed a Health Certificate signed by our medical expert to confirm a negative result
- Online chat support is available Mon – Fri 9 am – 10 pm EST, and free virtual appointments with our medical team are always available for any reason!
- Rapid-response antigen test kits
- Virtual observations: Online appointments with our medical experts who observe as you take the test, observe your results, then email you a certificate confirming a negative result.*
Arrival & Return
Need help? Chat with our support anytime Mon – Fri, 9 am – 10 pm EST. All you need is wifi!
Rapid-response antigen test kits
Fast and free follow-ups with our medical team
Select how many kits and appointments you need for your trip. Only need some for departure, or needing more for departure and return? Travelling alone, or with a group? If booking for a group, you can book one appointment for multiple people so long as everyone is present to take their tests at that time. Prep now, and skip the scrambling to find kits and a doctor later.
Book when you need your appointments, making sure it’s in your travel requirement time frames. Unsure what those are? Your destination should provide how recent they need the test results to be. You get your travel certificate emailed to you straight away once observed in one of our appointments, so no need to worry about delays!
Time for your virtual appointment! Make sure you only open the test kit once the appointment has started. One of our medical professionals will walk you (and your group, if applicable) through how to take the test, and observe the process and results. If negative, they’ll email you a signed Health Certificate confirming those results. Then it’s bon voyage!
What’s on the certificate?
Here’s what you’ll be getting so you can get that peace of mind
- Traveler’s name (first, last)
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Healthcare examiner’s name (first, last)
- License number
- Signature (certifying that passenger is cleared for travel)
- Date and time of specimen and result collection
- Test device (manufacturer of test)
- Test type (testing method: rapid antigen detection test, laminar flow)
- Result (positive/negative)
When to take the test
Use the calendar below to help understand the time frame your appointment will need to be!
When you need to take your test will depend on travel requirements particular to your destinations.
These can vary; please be sure to double check and plan ahead.
We currently offer test kits from four different companies. If you’d like to buy a specific brand, you can visit our test kit page here.
Each kit is a rapid response COVID-19 antigen test kit that detects the presence of SARS-CoV-2 viral nucleoprotein antigens in nasal and nasopharyngeal secretions. The presence and amount of these will indicate if you are infected.
These tests must be taken in room temperature conditions (15 – 30 C). There are instructions with each kit and two methods of collection: an anterior nasal swab and a nasopharyngeal swab. The anterior is a more shallow swab inside the nose, and is a simpler and less uncomfortable method of collection.
Instructions on use are also available online:
Tests are one-time use only.
It is currently unknown if these kits can conclusively detect the Omicron variant. The BTNX Rapid Response COVID-19 Antigen Test Device was originally designed, like Artron’s, to detect SARS-CoV-2 viral nucleocapsid proteins. They are currently analyzing if it can detect the Omicron variant of these proteins: based on preliminary analysis, and anticipate that it will be detectable with these kits. To see further results as their tests continue and information evolves, you can visit their site at www.btnx.com.
Yes. The average expiration date of a COVID-19 rapid response test kit is 12 months, but it can vary from brand to brand. Some brands have been given extensions on their printed shelf life; this information is available from your provincial health authority.
Many destinations are particular about the type of test they accept for travel. These requirements vary from place to place, and often change over time due to changing circumstances. Always doublecheck the requirements of your destination and, if applicable, the location you’ll be returning to, in order to best understand what you need for your trip.